I have no idea how it is already the month of May, which means Baby B is coming in only four short months! Not every expecting mom celebrates Mother’s Day, but to all my soon to be Dad’s out there…..it doesn’t hurt to give mama to be a little gift that helps support her during her pregnancy, considering she is the one carrying the baby for almost ten months! Yes, you heard me, in reality those 40 long weeks of pregnancy comes out to closer to ten months! Here are my top ten items I have been loving to use while pregnant and highly recommend to any Dad out there who wants to purchase just a little something for their mama to be.
- Hatch Belly Oil: I use this product every single night before I go to bed. It has a very light smell and feels amazing while aiding to avoid stretch marks!
2. The Mama Natural Week-By-Week Guide To Pregnancy & Childbirth: I started reading this book from week one of pregnancy and have truly enjoyed the entire learning process. It shares with you 7-10 pages for each week of pregnancy as well as a new recipe each week to try! I feel very prepared going to each doctor’s appointment because of this book!
3. Palmers Cocoa Butter Stretch Marks Lotion: I use this lotion every morning to help keep the skin on my belly hydrated. It also prevents itching and aides in avoiding stretch marks. (I love the combo of using this product first thing in the morning and the Hatch Belly Oil above every night)
4. Bump Box: This is a great subscription to test out products that are natural and best to use while pregnant as well as some fun goodies for mama and baby. You can do a one month box for Mother’s Day, or a month to month box, which I do so that I get new products to try out each month!
5. Promise Radiant Glow Hydrating Face Cream: This was one of my favorite products that came in my first package with Bump Box. I highly recommend this light moisturizer. I use it every morning and my skin has been glowing and feels amazing. Promise also carries a full line of awesome maternity skin care products.
6. Glow Organics Foot Soak: This is also a great product I learned about through Bump Box. It may not be something you need early on in pregnancy but trust me after five months of pregnancy and the weight gain starts to kick in this will be a great product to have!
7. Ever Eden Soothing Belly Mask: As belly grows later in the second trimester into the third it is so important to prevent stretch marks and itching. A belly mask is pretty much a sheet mask that stretches over the entire belly. I love this brand because it is plant based, non-toxic, and fragrance free.
8. My Pregnancy Journal: This was one of my favorite gifts that my husband gave me in my first trimester. It is a great way to keep a journal throughout pregnancy of everything that has happened as a keepsake and a good reference if you plan to be pregnant again. It is broken down into each trimester and then the weeks within each trimester. There are spots to put your ultrasound and other photos you take throughout your pregnancy.
9. Prenatal Massage: I did not link this one because everyone lives all over, but the best thing for mama is to stretch and relax all muscles in the body. Every mama loves a relaxing massage, so treat your mama to be with a prenatal massage for her or even a romantic couples massage!
10. Bella B Tummy To Toes Cooling Leg and Foot Cream: Mama’s feet are going to be in pain and very tired soon from the added weight gain. Give mama’s feet a rest with this awesome lotion to help soothe and provide instant relief. If you really love her then maybe give her a little foot massage as part of her gift!
I hope my top ten recommendations help you all provide your mama to be with a little pre-first Mother’s Day gift!
“Mom, you are the one who brought me to planet earth. You are the one who suffered through my 14-hour birth. You are the one who made lemonade for me, after I’d come back from play. I love you mom, so have a wicked nice Mother’s Day..” –Adam Sandler in Mr. Deeds American Actor