New York Fashion Week has come to a close and what better way to celebrate an amazing week then share with you all a mini recap along with some helpful tips for you to use next season!
This season was filled with some really cool trends that I am so excited to share with all of my fashionistas.
The biggest trend right now is layering and I don’t just mean wearing coats on coats, however that is one way to do it! I love layering tights under slit pants, turtlenecks under dresses and hoodies under jackets.
One of my favorite trends is back and that is lots and lots of neon! Bring out your brightest colors and wear them with pride. Did you know that wearing bright colors can even put you in a happy, good mood?!
Jumpsuits have been a trend for a while now and they are an easy comfortable look, but the worker girl trend is here and utility jumpsuits are the hottest style! The two I saw most during NYFW were black and taupe zipper styles paired with classic colored booties or pops of colorful heels.
Head to toe knits was another trend shown on the runways this season. I had a little fun with this by wearing a unique color blocked looked by Tory Sport.
I definitely had fun with my unique styled handbags this season! My favorite purses were my camera cross body, cherry cross body, Chinese container and my perfume bottle bag!
All different animal prints were styled from head to toe whether it was a pair of snakeskin booties, leopard coats, cheetah pants and more! My #GIRLGANG got together and we styled ourselves in our favorite animal prints!
- Plan coordinating outfits with your #GirlGang for example, wear the same color like shades of pink or neon or pick a theme like animal print and dress yourself up in your own styles!
- If you have free time during NYFW then you should go to Spring Studios and enjoy networking and get some fun #swag from the TRESemme + Maybelline lounges. They even do touch ups and give you the products to take with you!
- When heading to a show there are so many photographers that will ask to take your picture. DO NOT forget to go over to them, introduce yourself and add them on Instagram! Be sure to send them a DM saying, “I look forward to seeing your photos, (with a little reminder of your outfit from that day) all pink outfit!” This will help them remember who you are when flipping through all of your photos. This will also give you a chance to get your high-resolution images and hopefully they post about you to!
- It is extremely important to network with as many people as possible. This will help you create new relationships, obtain more followers and help each other grow and learn! You never know who you could meet and how they can assist in your career or life!
- Wondering how so many influencers get big time press photos without even being invited to the show? Just because you weren’t invited to the big-name shows doesn’t mean you can’t dress up and find out where the secret show is located. Then you can walk around that area in your trendy outfit and get photographed by the best press in NYFW!
Looks from NYFW:
I have been going to New York Fashion Week for about eight seasons now and I must say that I have never changed as many times as I did for this season! I had the opportunity to attend double the shows and events that I have in the past seven seasons so I took advantage of this by wearing as many outfits as possible, even if that means changing four times in one day! Take a look below at some of my favorites styles from NYFW AW19…..
“Fashion is always about timing. If it’s too soon, no one understands. If it’s too late, everyone’s forgotten.” –Anna Wintour Vogue Editor in Chief